1. The Contract
Your contract is with Broom Boats Ltd, also referred to as( “The Company”). The terms and conditions below are between you “The Hirer” and the company and governed by all aspects of English Law. All boats offered for hire by The Company are licenced by The Broads Authority and are operated in accordance with the Authority’s code of practice.
2. Your Booking
All correspondence should be sent to Broom Boats Ltd. All bookings are at the discretion of The Company and The Hirer must be 18years or over.
A deposit will be required at time of booking before hire can be confirmed. The balance must be paid no later than 56 days before the start date of hire.
The Company guarantees once your booking is confirmed no additional surcharges will be added (with the exception of Vat changes). Broom Boats reserves the right to amend any of its prices prior to confirming a booking. All prices are inclusive of Vat.
We do not sell cancellation, personal holiday or car breakdown insurance.
A fee of £25.00 is payable for any changes made once your booking is confirmed. In the case of cancellation you must telephone the Company and confirm in writing. Agreement to make refund or transfer dates is at the Company’s sole discretion. To qualify for a refund evidence of one of the following must be supplied:
Qualifying reasons: Jury service, witness call, pregnancy or childbirth, injury, illness or death.Occupational posting for HM Forces or Police Force.
If the above do not apply to the cancellation,(i.e. unwilling to travel) a cancellation charge will apply dependant on the number of days before hire.
More than 56 days = Loss of deposit
30 to 56 days = 50% of the hire
15 to 29 days = 75% of hire
1 to 14 days = 90% of hire
On arrival = 100% of hire
7. Arrival and departure.
The craft will be available from 2pm on the holiday start date (unless otherwise stated) and must be returned by 9.30am on the last day of hire. In order to maintain our high standards the Company reserves the right to delay the take over time of the craft and will be under no obligation to compensate or refund you.
8. Hand over
Instructions will be given how to safely operate all the equipment on board the craft and the safe operation of the craft. However theHirers use is at their own risk. All faults must be reported directly to the Company and accessallowed to rectify said faults. Craft must be returned on time and in a clean tidy condition. A surcharge will be due if boat is late or is not clean and tidy.
All craft are checked before the start of hire. In the event of mechanical failure you must contact the Company to enable repairs to be made. This will be carried out as hastily as is practical. The Company is not liable for delays caused by breakdown but will endeavour to make good the craft for the continuation of your holiday.
You the Hirer are responsible for your property and possessions at all times and are required to take due care and attention over their own physical safety. The Company accepts no liability for loss or damage to the Hirers belongings.
You must not take equipment on board which my damage the craft. No bicycle, canoes heaters etc. may be taken aboard without prior consent from the company. (if in doubt please contact the Company)
Vehicles are left at owners’ risk.
11. Damage Waiver
All boats are insured by the Company. However the hirer is responsible for any damage to the boat, its equipment and third parties. The damage waiver is non-refundable and covers you against minor and accidental damage to the boat and it equipment. Wilful damage or significant accidental damage and negligence are not covered by the waiver and are charged at the Company’s discretion.
The Company reserves the right to charge a security deposit at its discretion on certain parties. If craft is returned undamaged, deposit will be refunded. If damage has occurred all or part of the deposit may be withheld.
12. Fuel deposit.
Fuel costs exceeding your fuel deposit will be charged upon return of the craft.
a.The Company has taken care in the preparation of the craft and the safety equipment. However boating can be hazardous and the hirer is responsible for their own safety and that of their crew, the boat and third parties. No Liability can be taken by the Company for the embarkation and disembarkation of the craft. The use on quays, pontoons and landings is at your own risk.
b. In the event of an accident:
Record the name of any craft involved with names, addresses and telephone number where possible. Also please note the Boat operator where applicable.
Please report any accident to the Company in as much detail as soon as possible. Upon return to the Company you may be requested to fill out an accident report.
No pets are allowed on the craft.
No smoking is allowed on the craft.
Please check suitability before booking if any member of your party has limited mobility.
Photographs in brochure or website may be used to show style and therefore may not be identical to the craft hired
We make every effort to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday. However please contact the Company immediately if you have a complaint. The Company is unable to resolve issues they have not been made aware of.
19. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained in these terms and conditions.
The term "Broom Boats Ltd" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Broom Boats Limited, Riverside, Brundall, Norfolk, NR13 5PX, England. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
5. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
6. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
7. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
8. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Broom Boats Ltd's prior written consent.
9. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.